It had been long since I added any post on my work status. So, here is one ..
Well the week after the exam seemed quite confusing and loaded since I couldn’t proceed with most of the scripts due to one or the other obstructing errors I got. The major issue is the requirement of the script which in most of the cases is not properly mentioned, as such I have compiled the list of issues that ate this week of mine because of which i didn’t submit any important patch yet.
Task one : Copyright repackaging.
- I had updated the pywikibot/compat/query file so that it may support full functionality of copyright. (basically by adding new utility functions – CombineParams, ConvToList, ListToParam and ToUtf8.
- But there is a warning given in this script, i.e., – this makes me doubtful if I am proceeding right.
WARNING: THIS MODULE EXISTS SOLELY TO PROVIDE BACKWARDS-COMPATIBILITY.
Do not use in new scripts; use the source to find the appropriate function/method instead.
Suggested : It’s preferred not to expand the content which are meant to support backward-compatibilty with compat. As such, this move was not preferred.
- I have added the scripts by making it compatible with the core version.
- Then I have added pywikibot/scripts/copyright folder with the following files:
copyright_put.py In this I am stuck at line 184 (I am not sure which ‘output’ or ‘pending’ file it is referring to) – please suggest me how can i create one such ‘output’ file so that testing might be completed. (I found this point while debugging it and concluding that here the program stops because the condition is not fulfilled.
copyright_clean.py — I get output which seems to be working.
- Additional files generated during testing – link
BESIDES, as most of them seem to be working I shall push these files namely : core/script/copyright/4 files + core/copyright/exclusion_list.txt.
Query 1 : Do I need to add something else too?
Suggested : I was suggested which files need to be added.
>>➜ pywikibot-core git:(warnfile)✗ python pwb.py scripts/warnfile.py -lang:’test’ family:’test’ interwiki-bot.log
- This script is supposed to split the log file (like interwiki-bot.log) but since I am not yet done with regex i guess that’s hindering me to proceed.
- Anyway what I inferred is that in the different log files i used (locally present in my repo) namely: interwiki.log, interwiki-bot.2.log, interwiki-bot.log, makecat-bot.log : it seems not been able to get any matching warning as it expects L29 . Please let me what warning is it and how I may generate this warning again and thus test this script properly before submitting.
- Output — Initially it was working perfect but now I guess due to the new package added for copyright task it is spilling these messages . How may I get rid of these messages? Now it doesn’t work anymore
- Query 2: One more problem once I asked you earlier this issue: for piper.py as you said i moved the message to scripts/i18n/piper.py file and it’s working as expected just that i couldn’t understand the fact that for some scripts like blockpageschecker.py the i18n script has the same name but for different key in the message twtranslate seems to work but when i tried o change the key for message (dict) for piper it doesn’t work so finally the name of the msg script is piper.py and the keys for the dict is also piper Why is it happening so ?
Suggested: To checkout how category.py in i18n directory works..
- Output — Seems to be working well.
- Please check the script once if I shall add something then i’ll submit the patch.
>>>WARNING: /home/innovator/pywikibot-core/pywikibot/page.py:4751: UserWarning: Site test:test instantiated using different code “yi”
So, this is the query list, since I have got their solution it’s easier to proceed.
Much for now..