Here, I have described a sum up of the different suggestions and guidelines I had been directed for porting..
Dependencies : patrol.py is dependent on mwlib.uparser ..
Basic in general guidelines:
- Do the scripting according to pep8 , pep257 , flake8 and pyflakes guidelines..
- Make minute changes based on the present version, date, author etc.. details.
- Retain it’s functionality based on the pywikibot module.
Specific to patrol.py :
- .verbose issue to be replaced by .config.verbose_output
- Became familiar with site.py functions meant for patrolling (patrol).
- I needed to prepare patrol whitelists for testing purpose on test.wikipedia, wikisource and mediawiki (for future reference) using list .
- On testing, I encountered “pywikibot.data.api.APIError: permissiondenied: Permission denied” error which meant to get additional rights to patrol as per instructions been provided here.
- From this, I came to know about Patrol permission right given to specific users. So, I needed to generate request here.
- Once received the rights, proper testing is done in conventional way i.e. using : “python pwb.py scripts/patrol.py -family:’test’ -lang:’test'”
- Finally it seems to work as I received expected output : here.